Alexa is one of the best free tools to get the global and local ranking data of any website and the keywords from which it generates traffic. Therefore, it can also be said that it is a company specialized in monitoring and obtaining Internet traffic statistics. It is a genuine web information company that gives web traffic data. If your site is added to their database, then your page can meet various metrics anywhere. but the question is How to send a website to Alexa? The process is easy and you can do it yourself in just a couple of minutes.
How to send a website to Alexa?
Nowadays, it’s all about clicks and traffic when it comes to having an online presence. Whether you are selling your product or writing a blog, you need your website to be visible to the masses. Alexa helps you with that and more. Let’s find out more about this company.
What is Alexa?
First, let us know more about this webmaster tool in detail. Alexa was founded in 1996 by Brewster Kahle and Bruce Gilliland., and then after three years in 1999, Amazon took over. After 10 years, in 2009, they completely redesigned the site design and started providing more stats such as website speed, average page views per user, web traffic metrics, and much more.
The experts working on this tool also created a plugin for browsers with the help of which you can see the Alexa rank of any website. This plugin can be used with major Internet browsers such as Google, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.
You can go for the free version or buy its premium package which helps users to check their website statistics in depth, analyze competitor site analytics, mobile insights, daily statistics and much more. Before learning how to submit a website to Alexa, let’s understand what this ranking is.
What is the Alexa rating?
Getting a great listing and ranking on Alexa is important. makes use of a numerical indicator to calculate the traffic and the success and fame of the sites. In Alexa, the lower the value, the more important it is.
For example, for a new or unpopular site, its value in Alexa can range from Alexa 4-2,000,000, and for a website with high traffic, its value can be less than 1,00,000.
You might be surprised to know that according to estimated data, Alexa receives more than 8.5 million people each month and reports global rankings, traffic data, and other site metrics to more than 30 million websites.
Alexa benefits websites in many ways, such as:
- Shows the range based on the country.
- Popular search queries
- Bounce Rate
- upstream sites
- Page Views
- Number of backlinks
All these data can be essential for your site, because with this information, you can easily compare your website with the competitors.
It uses its algorithms to analyze traffic data and ranks each domain accordingly. You can also claim your website on Alexa as it helps to add more details about your website on Alexa. Therefore, it is also essential that you know How to claim your website on Alexa?
The most important thing to know is the steps required to send the website to Alexa; let us begin.
How to send a website to Alexa?
Here are the steps to submit a website to Alexa.
1. The first thing you have to do is go to Alexa official website. You will see two options, sign in or create an account. Since you are a new user, you will need to click Create an account.
2. Sign up with your free account. You can register in two ways, either by entering your email address or by logging in with Facebook. If you opt for the email method, please complete the registration process via email.
3. Once you register the account, you will receive a confirmation link on your registered email id. Open your email and click on the activation link. It will redirect you to the Alexa password management page. Set a password for your account and your Alexa account will be activated.
4. Once you login after that click on add my site option, and then in the popup window, enter your site and click on See plans and prices option. This step is crucial to understanding how to submit a website to Alexa.
5. You will see several premium packages that you can opt for, but you can also choose the free option at the bottom of the premium packages.
6. Scroll down and click claiming your site.
Subscribe to Moneymint weekly
Every Sunday we email people just like you with the best tips, ideas and opportunities to manage your finances and grow your online business. No hype, no scams, no fake gurus. Sign up below to get the next one.
7. Now, you need to enter the address of the blog you want to send and verify in Alexa and then click on Continue.
There are three methods by which you can verify your website on Alexa. If you opt for the free version, you can check the website in two ways.
- Uploading HTML
- By adding Meta Tag and update option.
For a self-hosted WordPress blog, the first method is recommended, and for blogger use, the latter is recommended.
If you choose the first method, i.e. uploading the Alexa verification file to your web host’s home directory, you will need to download the Alexa verification file first. Once the file is downloaded, upload it to the public HTML in your web host’s home directory.
Once the upload is complete, click the check button. If done correctly, you’ll see a notification saying, “Your site has been successfully claimed.” This method is one of the simplest and fastest ways to claim your WordPress website.
Both bloggers and blogs powered by WordPress can use this method. First, you need to sign in to Blogger.com. You must add the Alexa code anywhere within the
But, if you want to claim your blog as a blogger, then you would have to go to BlogSpot’s blog dashboard, click on Template -> Edit HTML and look for these tags”
Complete the Alexa ID verification, the process will be completed. Now you know how to send a website to Alexa.
How to add Alexa Rank widget in Blogger?
Adding the Alexa Rank widget to Blogger is pretty simple. Follow these steps.
2. Click Save and don’t forget to save your changes to the blogger layout option as well. Now, you would be showing your rank to blog visitors.
Also read: The 31 Highest Paid Bloggers
Add meta tag to your website to claim your site
In addition to learning how to submit a website to Alexa, it’s also important to learn how to add meta tags. There are many ways to add meta tags to your website so that you can claim it and verify site ownership. Some of them are the following:
- Yoast WordPress SEO Plugin: First, you would need to download and install the Yoast WordPress SEO plugin. Once the installation process is complete, open the Plugin, go to the SEO option and select Dashboard. You will see an “Alexa Verification ID” option in Webmaster Tools. Paste your meta tag there and click the Save Settings button. After doing this, go back to the Alexa verification page and click verify my ID.
- Add meta tag in Header.php: Site ownership can also be verified by adding the meta tag to header.php. your theme file. To check via this method, you would have to edit your theme’s header.php file and put the meta tag after but before the first Now after doing this, go to the Alexa verification page and click verify my id.
- Insert Headers and Footers Plugin: The most important thing you need is to download and activate the Headers & Footers plugin. Once activated after that, go to Settings option and click on “Insert Headers and Footers”. Paste the meta tag in the header field and click Save Settings. Once you save the settings, you need to go back to the Alexa Verification page and verify your ID.
- All-in-one SEO Bundle Plugin: Download and install the All In One SEO Pack plugin. Once installed, go to the settings button and select “All in One SEO Pack”. Then you will see an option “Additional Home Readers” and paste the meta tag in the text area there. Now after doing this, go to the Alexa verification page and click verify my ID.
Note: Unfortunately, Alexa stopped offering its services on May 1, 2022.
Alexa is one of the best websites that ranks websites globally and features vital ranking factors such as country rank, global rank and much more. If you want to submit and claim your website on Alexa, follow the steps mentioned in the blog and improve your ranking. After having a full understanding of How to send a website to Alexait’s time for your website to shine.